Goa is the perfect ‘anytime’ beach vacation. To make sure that you have just fun and no sunburn on the beaches of Goa bookmark this essential Goa Packing checklist that lists all important things to carry to Goa. Don’t forget to put them on your list of essentials for Goa to have a relaxing Goa vacation !
- Mirrored Sunglasses – Sunglasses with a mirror like reflective finish in bright hues are all the rage this season! Buy them
in aviator or wayfarer style, if don’t own a pair already. And it’s not just for vanity purpose but extremely functional too, because the intensity of the sunlight reflected by the sand on the beach is much more than you what you experience in daily life and reflective glasses help protect the eyes from these harsh rays.
- Crocs Footwear – Footwear by Crocs are very versatile and whether you’re strolling on the beach or walking down the street markets of Goa, you’ll be extremely comfortable wearing them. Invest in a pair of thongs for the beach and you’ll never want to wear anything else to the beach ever again.
- Sunscreen with spf 50 or above – Sunglasses are not enough to protect yourself from the sun. Unlike the westerners with pale skin, Indians need to protect their complexion and should apply a mid range spf sunscreen to help. But when you’re on the beaches of Goa, the best sunscreen for Goa would be above SPF 50 and something that is water proof.
- Bikini / Tankini – Beaches are about getting wet and the best way to do that without the salt sticking all over your body is to wear a good swimsuit. If you have a toned body, go for a bikini else pick up a swimsuit from the various styles available these days. Tankinis also look great on Indian figures. Although, if you really want to enjoy the beach, bikinis are the most functional piece of clothing you can wear.
- Sarong / Multi drape cover ups – Don’t forget to carry a couple of sarongs to drape around you after a day of fun at the beach. Sarongs are extremely feminine and easy to drape in multiple styles to achieve the look you like. You can also buy beach coverups that you can style as a tube dress, a skirt or a sarong.
- Tank Tops / Spaghettis – Dress basic. Spaghettis and tank tops in solid colours or prints can be teamed up with anything. They make your bags light and give you room for choice.
- Shorts / Cotton Trousers – Another piece of clothing to pack when trying to dress basic are shorts or lose fitting cotton trousers or pyjamas. They will keep you cool in the summer sun and dry faster.
- Dresses – Carry a couple of dresses depending on the number of days you’re going to stay in Goa. Dresses are lovely for a romantic evening stroll or dinner. They are also great for beach parties.
- Straw Hat – Another great way to keep the sun away and look stylish at the same time is to get the perfect straw hat. How to pack it? Well, that’s another tutorial in itself but whatever size you pick, make sure that it fits in your bag.
- Chunky Jewellery – Because the clothes you will be wearing on the beach are going to be pretty basic, carry some chunky jewellery to give your look a stylish touch. Pack in some light weight chunky pieces that are not too heavy for your bags and your neck. You can wear the jewellery to the beach or the parties to perk up your ensemble. And leave the expensive watches at home. Carry silicone strap watches if they are a must for you.
- Scarves – Another thing you can use to accessorise yourself is a printed scarf. It’s a must pack accessory because not only does a nicely draped scarf make you look great, it can also save you from a sore throat on days when the evening wind gets nippy. You can also tie it around your waist or the beach bag to add more oomph to your stylish look !
- Lip Balm – The salty wind in Goa is notorious for chapped lips. Pack in your best lip balms and gloss to lock in that moisture.
- Conditioner – The salty water and wind near the beach makes hair sticky and dry. You will be washing your hair every day in Goa so don’t leave home without your tried and tested conditioner and make sure you use it after every wash.
- Body butter – Guess what? Your lips and hair aren’t the only things that are prone to dryness, your skin is too. Carry a tried and tested body butter or moisturiser but make sure it’s the one you use for summers because the temperatures in Goa can be on the higher side.
- Hair Brush – You’ll thank us for this. Don’t forget your large hairbrush that you use to detangle your hair. It doesn’t matter whether you have straight or curly hair, whether you get it from the salty water or the rides on the scooter / jeep, one thing that Goa promises you is dry tangled hair.
- Selfie Stick – Take along a selfie stick to mount your phone camera on and share all the holiday fun instantly on your social media accounts !
- Large Tote – And finally, a big, beautiful, waterproof, lightweight tote to carry all your essential stuff in.
So there you have your packing list to Goa, just book a flight and rock that Goa vacation !