In the latest announcement by Malasian PM Najib Razak, there will be no fee for Malaysia Visa for Indians as well as Indian citizens living abroad. However, this is only valid for the 15 day visa and 30 day visa where Indians will be charged only the processing fee of USD 20 & USD 25 respectively.
He also said that the Malaysian Visa will not take more than 48 hours to apply e-visa and the process has been made extremely hassle free. With the new arrangement, he said Indian tourists could apply for a visa on their own without having to go through a third party.
However, the old rate of RM180 for a six-month tourist visa will remain as is. In return, India is not going to hike the Visa rates for Malaysian citizens.
Below are the details of the aforementioned Visas.
- This program serves Indian Nationals starting from 1st April 2017 until 31st March 2018.
- The Processing Fee is USD 20 only.
- You can choose to apply eNTRI if your intended stay is NOT exceeding 15 days.
- ONE eNTRI account is only valid for ONE individual only
All eNTRI registrations are considered on individual merit. Applicant should ensure that they hold a valid Malaysia eNTRI note before they travel to Malaysia.
eNTRI duration of stay is 15 days per visit with no extensions allowed.
To avoid any issues upon arrival in Malaysia, you are advised to present the following proofs to the Immigration Officers at the Entry/Exit counters:
– eNTRI Note
– Boarding pass
– Sufficient expenses
– Credit cards/ATM cards
– Confirmed return tickets
– Accommodation proof
Applicants with direct flight from India or country applied eNTRI; or transit via Singapore by air or land is permitted to enter Malaysia via the following Entry/Exit points:
1. Kuala Lumpur International Airport
2. Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA 2)
3. Penang International Airport, Pulau Pinang
4. Sultan Ismail International Airport, Johor
5. Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
6. Langkawi International Airport, Kedah
7. Melaka International Airport, Melaka
8. Labuan Airport, Federal Territory
9. Sultan Iskandar Building, Johor Bahru, Johor (by Land)
10. Sultan Abu Bakar Complex, Tanjung Kupang, Johor (by Land)
11. Padang Besar, Perlis (by Land)
12. Bukit Kayu Hitam, Kedah (by Land)
The eNTRI Malaysia Visa for Indians also allows Indian citizens to visit Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia under the same visa and payment. Read more about eNTRI here.
Malaysia eVisa for Indian citizens (30 Days)
- This program serves Indian Nationals starting from 15th April 2016
- You can choose to apply eVISA if your intended stay is NOT exceeding 30 days.
- The Processing Fee is USD 25 only.
Read more here about the eNTRI Note under the Visa Waiver Program for Indians by Malaysia.
Let me know if you have any more questions about Malaysia Visa for Indians.
Click here to know how to apply for Malaysia Visa for Indian citizens.