Cape Town never ceases to appeal to your sense of discovery, it always has something up its sleeves. Here are the top things to do in Cape Town, South Africa. For more information about Cape Town, read the Cape Town City Guide.
Top 23 Things to do in Cape Town
- Take a day trip around the city of Cape Town
- Climb the Table Mountain or take the cable car – Get your soul laid !
- Sit on the Cape Town harbour’s edge and watch the boats come in.
- Watch the sunset and full moon rise, from the top of Lion’s Head.
- Rollerblade down the Sea Point promenade.
- Learn to speak Bergie.
- Swim till you can’t stand it anymore.
- Say howzit to Nemo at the Cape Town Two Oceans aquarium.
- Bop to a local band.
- Visit the National Gallery, Planetarium and the Museum – free on wednesdays.
- Mooch around Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden. Don’t miss their fantastic summer concerts (Dec-Mar) every sunday evening.
- Gnaw your way through a stick of biltong.
- Dig into the South African-Indian dish, Bunny Chow.
- Walk through the Gardens of Cape Town and feed the squirrels.
- Catch a train to Simon’s Town and visit the penguins.
- Learn to surf at Muizenberg Beach, a popular cape town beach.
- Whale watch at False Bay.
- Enjoy the Cape Town nightlife and head to Maverick’s Gentlemen’s Club, a strip club, even if just for the heck of it !
- Try some wonderful seafood at one of the beachside restaurants at V&A waterfront or Hout Bay.
- Get high on Savanna, South Africa’s locally made cider.
- Spend an evening at Long Street and end it at one of the cafes overlooking the street.
- Take a train to Franschhoek and have breakfast there. If you’re in a mood for some beer, chill out with craft beers at Station Cafe in the afternoon.
- Experience wine tasting and vineyards of Stellenbosch. You can even stay overnight here.